Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Installation lap on public roads

One benefit of driving historic race cars is the fact, that many of them can actually be used on normal roads. My goal always has been to be able to road register my cars. Yesterday night I took out the Devin to make sure everything is fine for the coming Grand Prix Suisse in Berne. In a pure racing world you would call this an "installation lap". I checked oil and water, tyre pressure, warmed up the engine, drove 20 kms and filled up the tank. No major incidents, everything is fine. The car is ready for the outing of next weekend. Similar to the heros of the past I will drive the car to Berne on public roads, get it inspected by the scrutineers, and have it lined up for the demonstration runs on Sunday. I am really looking forward to this event. Stay tuned, I will come up with a "race report" here soon after the event.

1 comment:

John L said...

I'm looking forward to it!